Heathrow is about seven miles from Royal Holloway. Taxis are available at the airport, but you should check the fare in advance; it is cheaper to telephone one of the local taxi services, for example Gemini cars.
Alternatively, take bus number 441 from Heathrow Central Bus Station to Royal Holloway or bus number 8 from Terminal 5.
From Gatwick Airport, take the bus to Heathrow and follow the procedure above, or telephone for a taxi.
Royal Holloway is approximately 20 minutes walk from Egham station. There are frequent weekday services from London Waterloo to Egham (40 minutes), Reading to Egham and Woking to Egham (change at Weybridge). Services at weekends may be less frequent. Train links (including Eurostar) are available via London and other international links via Reading.
Walking from Egham station to campus
Turn right out of the station along Station Road and walk about 100 yards to the junction and the traffic lights. Turn left at the junction and follow the road to the large roundabout; go left up Egham Hill. Royal Holloway’s entrance is on the left immediately after the second footbridge.
Royal Holloway is on the A30, 19 miles from central London and about a mile south-west of the town of Egham.
Directions from the M25
- After leaving the M25, follow the A30 west (signposted Bagshot and Camberley) – this is the Egham by-pass
- At the end of the Egham by-pass, continue on the A30 up Egham Hill
- Royal Holloway’s entrance is on the left immediately after the second footbridge.
Directions from the M3
- Leave the M3 at junction 3, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A322
- Proceed under the road bridge and turn left, then merge onto the A30
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto the A30
- Continue on the A30, through Sunningdale towards Staines
- Royal Holloway’s entrance is on the right immediately before the footbridge.
The postcode for sat nav systems is TW20 0EX
Car parking on campus is restricted to permit holders. Parking for visitors must be reserved in advance. Please contact us if you need a permit.
Find out more
The Travel Surrey 441 and First 8 buses stop outside Royal Holloway.